Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Lemongrass Spa Review

My aunt has recently become a consultant for a beauty company called Lemongrass Spa, a company that sells natural, organic beauty products.


 She asked me to help her out by hosting a FB party, to get the word out and ect., so I said 'sure why not?'
 Because I hosted, I received some free samples to try out and such, and when the party was over, I earned over $50 of free stuff! Plus got a half-off item and ended up spending around $30 for some other stuff.
 I decided, since this is a beauty blog after all, to do a fun little review to let all my followers know what I thought of the products and the company.

Lip gloss:


I hadn't used lip gloss in years. Probably since I was twelve years old (give or take a few).
 But when a woman above my aunt sent me some samples, I figured why not give it a try. It's free after all.
 And I loved them!
It was a wee bit on the sticky side, but remember I hadn't worn lip gloss in years, so I wasn't used of it anymore. It goes on very smoothly, though, and feels amazingly moisturizing on my dry lips. It also contains vanilla, I believe, and smells so yummy!
 She sent me the samples in little containers, (but when you purchase them they will come in tubes) and they aren't even close to being used up. A little bit goes a long way, which I like in any product.
 Whenever I have the extra money, I'd like to buy myself a tube...but I can't decide what color!

Body polish:

I used this up pretty quickly, so I never managed to get a photo of it. Sorry about that! 
 My aunt sent me the Grapefruit Bergamot (a small sample size, so it didn't last long) and I ended up really liking it. I used it once as a quick spa treatment on my hands and it turned them baby smooth. I also tried it on my underarms before shaking and it really helped keep away razor rash! 
 It is a little oily for those used to the fake sugar scrubs from the drugstore, so I thought I should give you a warning. 
I had purchased a 'sugar scrub' from the drugstore just days before and noticed how, even though the store-bought stuff did exfoliate and help with razor rash on my legs, it did dry my skin out if I didn't make sure to put some lotion or body oil on afterwards. 
 I looked at the ingredient list and there wasn't a trace of sugar listed!

So I definitely recommend this body polish to anyone looking for a healthy way to soften your skin, rid yourself of razor bumps, or just give yourself a pamper. It even helps with rough heels.    

Body icing:


This also came in a small, sample size, and again, a little bit goes a long way. I like to use it on my hands after doing the dishes. It is oh so smooth and smells like a limesicle or jello!
 I would purchase this full-size (probably in a different scent, just because I'm not what I think about smelling like a bowl of pudding all day long. lol) and I know it will last me for quite a while.

lip balm:

This is also a product my aunt sent me to try (she sent me peach belini) and I have been loving it. Very lightweight and moisturizing for my dry lips, and tastes good. lol
Don't worry, I don't go around licking my lips, but when you have something near your mouth, you're going to get a taste of it now and then. Which is why I love that these are safe and no-toxic!

lipstick:

I love, love, love this stuff! 
 Lipstick tends to be rather heavy and smells bad, right? Not Lemongrass Spa! 
I can hardly tell when I have it on, and it goes on smoothly and discreetly. I ordered this in the Princess Pearl shade, and it's a very pretty pink. Maybe a wee bit too dark for my coloring, but still very feminine and natural, and I don't feel painted when I have it on. 
I will buying this product again and again. And can we appreciate how pretty the tube is?

mascara:

Ladies, there is coffee in this mascara. Need I say more? 
 Because I'm blond, I purchased the dark brown shade instead of black, and it's very easy to apply and very pretty. It doesn't clump and is actually a little water resistant, so even when I'm sweating during the summer, it doesn't smudge or run. 
Also, it has rice extract to help with lash growth! 
I was greatly pleased with this one. 

eye shadow:

I have been using Beeyoutiful's mineral eye shadow for quite few years now, but when I earned free products, I decided to give Lemongrass's makeup a try. 
 They have loose powder eye shadows like I purchase from Beeyoutiful, but I wanted to try this baked palette instead. It was cheaper to get this one instead of a three-piece loose powder set. 
 It goes on very nicely, has a slight sparkle to it like most mineral makeup does, and doesn't set my very sensitive, contact lenses-wearing eyes to tearing or turning red. 
 I use the dark brown in the crease, the lighter brown on my lid and *whispers* on my brows, and the light on my brow bone, inner corners, and sometimes on the tip of my nose as a highlighter. 
 Very satisfied!

body wash:

Smells amazing, feels amazing, and leaves my skin oh-so-smooth! Love it!

skincare kit:

And last but not least, this amazing set of nectar for the skin.
 My skin has been soooo clear since using this, I'm in awe, and will definitely try to purchase more when I run out.  
 The facial wash does kinda have a strange smell; I think it's the prebiotics I'm smelling. But the end result makes up for the scent. 
 You only need a small amount, so hopefully it'll last for a while! 
After washing, I spritz my face with the rosewater, which smells like spring, and leaves my skin feeling fresh, but not tight as some toners do. 
 And I finish up with this face creme, which feels like silk on my skin. *happy sigh* 


And there you have it! 
 My opinion on this newfound beauty line. 
I love the products, the bottles, the packaging...Just look at the moisturizer's bottle! It's so aesthetically pleasing to the eye. 
 So if you have been eyeing these products for a while, but aren't sure if you are willing to take the risk, this stuff is amazing! 

I rate it ten stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Remember, you're the daughter of a King. You're a princess, you're beautiful and you're loved. 



1 comment: