Monday, October 22, 2018

Fall Staples

It's that time of year again!
 Filled with cold, crisp mornings, hot spiced teas, coffees and ciders, boots, and hats... I just love this season. <3
 And what comes with all those crisp days?
Cozy clothes and a fresh look on our wardrobe!

So what are the few items we can buy (or already find in our closet!) that can give our wardrobe the trendy look this year?


Sweaters! Sweaters everywhere! Sweaters of every shape and size. 
  A bulky sweater with jeans is all the rage this year. 
Does your mom have some of sweaters from her teen years hanging in her closet? Well, you're in luck! Grab that chunky knit sweater and pair it with some distressed jeans, and your ready to go. (Just be sure to ask mom beforehand)
If you have a fitted, more clean cut sweater, that works well, too, tucked into vintage jeans and worn with an oversized denim jacket. 90's is the vibe this year, and I have to say, I couldn't be happier. 

Which brings the next item: 


Jean jackets, my personal favorite. 
 Over sized, fitted, dark, light, distressed or like-new, denim jackets are a big staple for a fall (or spring/summer!) closet. 
 Over sweaters or t-shirts, with skinny jeans of every color, slacks, cargo pants... the options are endless with these vintage babies!

Plaid.  
 There are so many ways to wear a plaid button-up <3
Alone, peeking from beneath a sweater or vest, tucked in, tied up... Does your dad or Grandpa have some old shirts they want to throw out? Grab them, because they are perfect paired with skinny jeans and boots or Keds.


Boots!
 I'm pretty sure I don't even have to say this, but boots are a huge part of a girl's fall wardrobe.
Tall or short, they are adorable, practical, and cozy. 



Hoodies. 
 "Oh, Mama, I have got to get me one of these!" (I really do! I don't own a single one)
These comfy staples are really the in thing this year, and they are so easy to wear! Just toss one on with jeans and a cap (left photo is ADORBS) and you're ready to walk out the door. 

And last, but not least: 

Jeans. 
 Do I have to say anymore? Skinny or bootcut, denim, gray, black, green... they are really the main staple of any season. 
The new fad coming out, called 'mom jeans' has really got me, although I haven't been able to afford any as of yet. They look just like they sound. 
 Your mom's old jeans from the 80's and 90's

And there you have it!
 Six items to grab that are easy to dress up and down, to wear when you 'have nothing to wear'. 
Now if you will excuse me...it looks like I myself need to go shopping. 


Remember, you're the daughter of a King. You're a princess, you're beautiful and you're loved. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, enjoyed this! I love fall fashion. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. fall is my favorite!!
    Sigh.
    I love sweaters and boots <333 my go to.
    Of course, I have yet to find a pair of jeans I can say I love. I am searching though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am obsessed with hoodies right now! xP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sweaters ... More the clean-cut, vintage type. They're a big part of my wardrobe. And I love boots! Fall style is such fun. :)

    ReplyDelete